Data type can be defined as the type of data of variable or constant store."
- A data type in a programming language is a set of data with values having predefined characteristics.
- Every variable reserve certain amount of memory. User gives input to a program as values. Values are of different type. User may give value as number or character.
- Examples of data types are: integer, float, character, string, and pointer.
- Ex: Age of person as int , Name of person as character.
- Each type of value require different amount of memory.
- As the data given by the user is different the type of data (i.e. number or character) is known as ‘data type’.
- Different type of data require different amount of memory
- Data are of two different types :
- Number Data Types :
- Character Data Types ( char ) :
|Data Types||Memory Reserve|
The char type is used to represent individual characters. The char type will generally require only One byte of memory.
Ex: char k;