If a loop is used within a loop then such a control structure is called nested loop.
- Ex:- for (------------)
- Flow chart for nested loop
Nested loop are used to repeatedly execute a block of code is itself repeating some code.
- During loop operations it may be necessary to skip a part of the body of the loop under certain conditions.
- Like the break statement C supports similar statement called continue statement.
- The continue statement causes the loop to be continued with the next iteration after skipping any statement in between.
- The format of the continue statement is simply:
Compare break and continue statement
|Break Statement||Continue statement|
|The break statement is used to break the control in the loops or in the general statements it is used to break the sequence.||The continue statement is used to transfer the control in the beginning of loop.|
|A break within a loop should always be protected within an if statement which provides the test to control the exit condition.||Continue should be protected by an if statement.|